This page sets out the details of The Queen’s Royal Hussars Regimental Association privacy notice in relation to information collected about you.
Who we are:
The Queen’s Royal Hussars Regimental Association.
We are an Association within The Queen’s Royal Hussars Regimental Charity, which is a registered charity with the Charity Commission of England and Wales; registration number 1043673.
Any electronic communications will be made in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
What information do we collect about you?
We collect the personal data that you may volunteer as part of Association Membership or donation forms. Personal information we collect may include:
• your name, title, gender and date of birth;
• postal address, email address and phone number;
• family and spouse/partner details, relationships to other donors and/or Members;
We will also collect and hold information about any contact you have with us as a visitor, customer or supporter of The Queen’s Royal Hussars, and may consist of details of:
• ticket purchase and event registration / attendance;
• contact preferences;
• gift information, including Direct Debit bank details where applicable;
• Gift Aid status;
• details of correspondence sent to you, or received from you;
• employment information and professional activities;
• any other information provided by yourself at the request of The Queen’s Royal Hussars Regimental Association.
When we ask you to provide your personal information we will let you know why we are asking, and how we will use your data, by directing you towards this notice.
What we do with your information:
Depending on your relationship with The Queen’s Royal Hussars Regimental Association, and the preferences you have indicated, data we hold may be used by us for the following purposes:
• To send you news of interest, events or fundraising information by post, telephone or electronic means. These types of communications can include:
• News and updates about The Queen’s Royal Hussars Regimental Association, such as recent deaths of members, forecast of events, and fundraising or supporter e-newsletters.
• Information on our fundraising operations, including occasional targeted requests to consider giving financial support to The Queen’s Royal Hussars Benevolent Fund, Officers’ Trust, Regimental Association or Museum, or to ask you to consider supporting us in other ways.
• Other relevant communications based upon your relationship with The Queen’s Royal Hussars.
• Data screening and cleansing, to check if we have accurate contact details for you – see How we update, screen and analyse your information, for further information.
Tools may be used to monitor the effectiveness of our communications with you, including email tracking, which records when an email from us is opened and/or how many links are clicked within the message. The data from this tracking is generally used in an aggregated and anonymised form.
You can opt out of any/all of our communications at any point simply by contacting HHQ.
There are some membership and donation communications that we are required to send regardless of your contact preferences. These are essential communications, deemed necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you. This would include Direct Debit confirmations and advanced notices, thank you letters, Gift Aid confirmation letters and querying returned mail or bounced Direct Debit payments with you.
How we update, screen and analyse your information
We continuously review records of members to ensure your data is as accurate as possible. We may consult alternative sources in order to undertake these checks, such as:
• Royal Mail National Change of Address database (NCOA);
• BT Operator Services Information System (OSIS);
• Reviewing employment information that you have made publicly available via social media;
• Newspaper articles, publications and company websites;
• Any other publicly available sources.
Who we might share your information with
We do not disclose personal data to any third parties or external organisations without your permission.
We may occasionally need to transfer your personal information overseas, for instance to our bulk email distributor, MailChimp. Where this is necessary, this may be to countries or territories around the world.
We are required to ensure any transfers of data will be done securely, in accordance with best practice, and in compliance with the GDPR 2018.
Your data will never be sold or passed to any third party for any other purpose.
How we keep your information secure
We have implemented security procedures, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
• unauthorised access;
• improper use or disclosure;
• unauthorised modification.
All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are legally obliged to respect the confidentiality of our members’ and supporters’ personal data.
How can I access the information about me, and correction of information?
You can ask us if we are keeping any personal data about you and you can also request to receive a copy of that personal data – this is called a Subject Access Request.
To make a Subject Access Request you will need to provide adequate proof of identity such as a copy of your passport, birth certificate or driving licence before your request can be processed.
Please try to be as clear as possible about the information you are seeking.
Once we have received your Subject Access Request and proof of identity, you will receive a response from us within 40 days and you will be able to get copies of any information we hold on you. However, exemptions to disclosure may apply in some circumstances.
Subject Access Requests should be sent to:
The Regimental Secretary
The Queen’s Royal Hussars
Regents Park Barracks
At any time you may request that we delete or correct your personal information. If you wish to correct any information on you held by The Regimental Association, simply contact HHQ here.
Changes to our privacy notice
We regularly review our privacy notice, and may make changes from time to time. Any changes made will be posted to this page, and will apply from the time we post them. This privacy notice was last changed on 12 May 2018.
How to contact us
If you have any comments on our privacy notice, or information we hold about you please contact us here:
or write to us at:
Home Headquarters, The Queen’s Royal Hussars, Regents Park Barracks, Albany Street, London, NW1 4AL